For The Muffins:
For the Muffins:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spread pecan halves out on a baking sheet and place in the oven while it is preheating.
- Spray two mini muffin pans with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Peel carrots and shred using a food processor. Set aside.
- Roast pecans for preheating time and then about 5 minutes, remove from oven, let cool slightly and then pulse in a food processor for a coarse chop.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine chopped pecans, almond flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, ground cloves, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener, sour cream, applesauce, vanilla, lemon zest and eggs.
- Fold shredded carrots into the wet mixture.
- Gently fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and combine until just combined. Don’t overmix.
- Using a teaspoon, fill the prepared mini muffin pans about 3/4 of the way full. Do not overfill.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool.
- While the muffins are cooling down, prepare the glaze.
For the Glaze:
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the Swerve confectioners, cream cheese, lemon juice, and vanilla extract.
- Then mix until smooth with no lumps
- Once the muffins have cooled, drizzle cream cheese glaze over the muffins.
Low Carb Mini Carrot Muffins Recipe
Amount Per Serving
Calories 52 Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4g 6%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Cholesterol 13mg 4%
Sodium 66mg 3%
Potassium 44mg 1%
Total Carbohydrates 2g 1%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Protein 1g 2%
Vitamin A 27.8%
Vitamin C 1.1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.