- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Mix the egg, vanilla extract and coconut oil in a bowl.
- Then mix in the Good Dee’s Sugar Free Cookie Mix until well combined.
- Knead your dough thoroughly and roll out to ¼ inch thickness.
- Portion the dough to make 6 to 8 rectangles.
- Half of the rectangles will be tops and the other bottoms.
- Cut your rectangles and spread the Blueberry preserves evenly on half of your bottoms.
- Place your tops on your bottoms and seal edges with a fork.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the pop tarts are baking, Mix your confectioners sugar and gradually add in water until a thick paste.
- Add in your desired colors and ice your pop tarts.
- Allow to dry and enjoy.
- Take the pop tarts out the oven when done, let them cool completely.
- Then add the topping.
For the Sprinkles:
- Mix together the Swerve Sweetener confectioners and the pasteurized egg whites In a large bowl.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of water then continue to mix.
- Once the paste forms, To get different color sprinkles, divide the paste into smaller bowls and stir in food coloring and extract to each bowl.
- Place each mixture into a seperate pipe bag.
- Pipe the paste from each bag on to parchment paper. Allow the paste to dry completely.
- Then cut into sprinkle shapes.
Low Carb Homemade Pop Tarts Recipe
Amount Per Serving
Calories 325 Calories from Fat 279
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31g 48%
Saturated Fat 17g 85%
Cholesterol 40mg 13%
Sodium 270mg 11%
Potassium 15mg 0%
Total Carbohydrates 12g 4%
Dietary Fiber 9g 36%
Protein 7g 14%
Vitamin A 1.2%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.