Chocolate Macaron Shells:
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1 1/2 cups Swerve Sweetener – Confectioners
- 2 Tbsp Ghirardelli Baking Cocoa – Premium – 100 Percent Unsweetened
- 3 Egg Whites
- 1/2 cup Swerve Sweetener
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare two piping bags and a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a medium bowl, sift together almond flour, Swerve Sweetener – Confectioners, and the Ghirardelli Baking Cocoa. Set aside for later use.
- In a standing mixer whisk together the egg whites on high until they form soft peaks.
- Lower the mixer’s speed to medium and then add the regular Swerve Sweetener.
- Increase the mixer’s speed back to high and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Take the bowl off the mixer and add almond flour mixture.
- Follow up by folding in the dry ingredients until the batter starts to loosen and becomes a little bit runny.
- To test if the batter is ready, lift a small amount of batter from the bowl and drop it back into the batter. If it does nothing, keep mixing.
- If it slowly melts back into the batter after 20-30 seconds, it’s ready to go!
- Pour the batter into the prepared piping bag and pipe 1 1/2-inch circles on prepared baking sheet.
- Let the macarons rest for 30-45 minutes, until they form a skin.
- While the macaron shells are resting, prepare the Low Carb Homemade Nutella Keto Recipe.
- Bake macarons for 12 to 14 minutes, or until they are just set.
- Let cool completely.
- Apply the Nutella between two shells, gently sandwiching together.
Low Carb Chocolate Macarons Recipe
Amount Per Serving
Calories 129 Calories from Fat 99
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11g 17%
Saturated Fat 2g 10%
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 50mg 2%
Potassium 84mg 2%
Total Carbohydrates 4g 1%
Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
Protein 4g 8%
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0.6%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.